There are many of us that would like to earn more money. However, it can sometimes seem really tricky to work out a way that will get us more money. If we already have a job, then we might feel that is enough and we cannot cope with doing anything else. However, there might be some easy things that you could do to get a bit of extra money that will be fun as well.
- Online surveys – there are a lot of companies online that will pay you to answer surveys. Although they do not pay a high rate, it can be possible to get quite a few surveys to do and make some extra money. If you enjoy answering surveys and giving your opinions on things then this could be something that you can do which will be fun for you and give you some extra money. There are other small online jobs that you might also be able to do that could help you to earn bits of extra money. Sometimes companies that pay for surveys will also have some other jobs that you can choose to do.
- Temp work – there are many agencies that will offer temp work. This will be a job that will not last for very long. It could be the odd day or few days work or a week or so. If you already work then it might be possible to fit something around your normal job if you feel that you can cope with it. If you have a family then you might be able to do something when another family member can look after them for you.
- Freelance work – freelance work can sometimes be done to fit around your current job or family commitments. It is something that you tend to pick and choose and decide how much you do and what hours, which means that it can be very flexible. There are often jobs online that you can find and you might be able to find things such as writing, programming, graphic design and general admin. Anything that can be done online, you may be able to do as a freelancer.
- Starting a business – starting a business can be a big step, but it can be a lot of fun, even thought it is hard work. There will always be a lot to learn but if you enjoy learning then this can be beneficial to you. You may also find that you will be able to do something that you really enjoy. We might think that starting a business is really expensive, but it does not have to be. It just depends on what you choose to do, so pick wisely.
- Renting a room – if you own your own home then you could make some extra money by renting out a room there. If you have a spare room, then you could find someone to live in it permanently and pay you rent. Otherwise you could set up as a bed and breakfast which will allow you to earn more money per guest, but will be more work as you will have to wash the sheets, clean the room and provide a meal. It is worth thinking about though as both options could help to bring in some extra money.
- Monetising your hobby – if you have a hobby that you really enjoy then it could be worth trying to think of a way to make money from it. This could be by doing something like selling items that you make, teaching people to do what you do or setting up some sort of website with information about it. Depending on your hobby there will be different things that you can do that will bring in some money for you.